The Benefits of Egress Windows
Updated: Apr 10, 2019
Before we dive into WHY you should have egress windows installed in your basement, what exactly IS an egress window?
Well, they are designed to be large enough for a full-size man to climb out of in case of an emergency. So it serves its purpose as being a window while also acting as an exit.
On top of that, Wellcraft offers an innovative range of complete egress systems that beautify and brighten any basement while ensuring safety and code compliance. If that's not enough to convince you, keep reading for some more reasons why you should install egress systems in your home:
1. Wellcraft egress windows provide basements with an escape route with easy to climb wells and ladders.
2. Lets in a good amount of natural light not typically found in basements.
3. An egress window can add to your home value and curb appeal. You can use different materials for the well to make it match your home.
4. Adds square footage to your home. More, which translates to more money when trying to sell your home.
5. Egress systems are just plain smart! The International Code Council requires for all finished basements with habitable space to have an egress window. This means, if the basement has a bedroom, there must be an egress window in that room. The regulations are meant to keep habitants of basement areas safe.
Here at Baynick's, we love what we do for what it brings to a home. Both safety, intrigue, design, and brightness. If a Wellcraft Egress window system is right for you, give us a call at (414) 380-5656